When shopping for a used 2013 Honda Civic or looking to replace your tires, it’s important to know what tire sizes originally came on your model. The 2013 Honda Civic was offered with three different tire sizes over its various trim levels. Understanding the correct 2013 Honda Civic tire size for your particular Civic will ensure you get the right tires for proper fit, handling, and ride comfort.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover the different tire sizes offered on the 2013 Honda Civic by trim package. Whether you drive an LX, EX, HF, Hybrid or Si model, we have the details on the 2013 Honda Civic tire size required for your Civic. Continue reading to learn the tire and wheel specifics for your 2013 Honda Civic.
2013 Honda Civic Trim Levels And Tire Sizes
The 2013 Honda Civic was available in multiple body styles and trim levels. The different models came equipped from the factory with one of three tire sizes:
- P195/65R15 – Base models
- P205/55R16 – Mid-level trims
- P215/45R17 – High-performance Si models
Here is a detailed breakdown of which 2013 Honda Civic tire size came equipped on each Civic trim package from the factory:
The Hybrid Sedan came standard with 15-inch wheels and P195/65R15 tires. This gave the hybrid model a comfortable ride and optimized fuel economy.
LX Sedan And Coupe
The most affordable mainstream Civic models – the LX Sedan and Coupe – also came equipped with 15-inch wheels and P195/65R15 tires. This smaller tire size provided an economical driving experience focused on fuel efficiency.
The high fuel economy HF Sedan was fitted from the factory with 15-inch wheels paired to P195/65R15 tires. The smaller tire size helped maximize mpg ratings.
EX Sedan And Coupe
A step up from the LX, the EX Sedan and Coupe models came equipped with 16-inch wheels and P205/55R16 tires. This slightly larger tire provided a more responsive, engaging driving experience.
Si Coupe And Sedan
The high-performance Si trims were equipped with 17-inch wheels and P215/45R17 tires. The largest tire size in the 2013 Civic lineup, this gave the Si sharper handling and traction for a sportier ride.
2013 Honda Civic Tire Size Chart
Here is a helpful tire size chart that summarizes the 2013 Honda Civic tire size for each trim level:
2013 Honda Civic Trim
This covers the original equipment tire sizes for the 2013 Honda Civic by model. Be sure to consult your owner’s manual or vehicle door jamb sticker to confirm the exact tire size needed for your Civic.
Benefits Of Proper Tire Size For 2013 Honda Civic
Installing the manufacturer recommended 2013 Honda Civic tire size offers several benefits:
- Proper tire fit – Ensures tires fit precisely within the wheel wells without rubbing or interference.
- Optimized handling – Provides the handling capabilities engineered into the suspension design.
- Ideal ride comfort – Gives the ride quality intended for that Civic trim line.
- Maximum fuel economy – Delivers the optimized mpg rating designed for each model.
- Enhanced safety – Appropriate tire size is important for traction, braking distances, and crash avoidance.
Dangers Of Using Wrong Tire Size
While you can technically install a different tire size on your 2013 Civic, doing so has risks:
- Fitment issues – Wrong size tires may rub against body work or suspension components.
- Poor handling – Handling, steering feel and suspension dynamics will be negatively impacted.
- Harsher ride – Ride comfort and noise levels may be affected.
- Reduced safety – Braking distances and overall grip will be compromised.
- Fuel economy loss – MPG ratings may decrease with non-stock tire sizes.
To avoid these problems, always stick with the correct 2013 Honda Civic tire size recommended for your specific trim.
Confirm Your Tire Size
While this guide provides the original tire size for each 2013 Civic trim, there are a few ways to confirm the exact spec for your vehicle:
- Check the placard on your driver’s side door jamb, as it will display the recommended tire size from Honda.
- Look at the current tires on your Civic to see the size molded into the sidewall.
- Consult your owner’s manual for the tire spec for your trim.
- Contact your Honda dealer with your VIN to get the factory tire size.
Once you’ve confirmed the proper 2013 Honda Civic tire size, you can shop for compatible replacement tires with confidence.
Buy New Tires For 2013 Honda Civic
With many quality tire brands and models available, focus your search on tires of the correct size for your 2013 Civic. Usage type is also important – are you looking for fuel efficient tires, a premium touring tire, or ultra high-performance rubber? All-season vs summer vs winter tires?
Talk to your tire shop about your needs to narrow down the best new tire for your 2013 Honda Civic based on size, type, features, and budget. They can check for any current rebates or sales on tires in your 2013 Civic’s size as well. Investing in a full set of new tires of the proper size will keep your Honda performing at its best.
When you’re ready to purchase replacement tires for your 2013 Honda Civic, be sure to get the correct tire size for your specific trim level. The tire sizes range from P195/65R15 on base models to P205/55R16 on mid EX trims and up to P215/45R17 on Si packages. Installing the proper 2013 Honda Civic tire size will provide ideal fit, handling, ride comfort, safety and fuel economy. Check your owner’s materials or current tires to confirm the right tire size before buying new ones for your Civic.
- What Size Tires Are On A 2016 Honda Civic?
- What Size Tires Are On A 2008 Honda Civic?
- What Size Tires Are On A 2017 Honda Civic?
- What Size Tires Does A 2006 Honda Civic Take?