The tenth-generation Honda Civic debuted in 2015 with sleek new styling and improved performance. However, one aspect that remained consistent across trims was the quality and reliability of the tires. The 2015 Honda Civic came equipped with a range of tire sizes to match the different trim levels and options. Generally, the 2015 Honda Civic Tire Sizes ranged from 195/65R15 all the way up to 225/40YR18 based on factors like engine size and performance.
Tire Sizes by Trim
Honda equipped the 2015 Civic with tires appropriate for each trim level’s size, weight, and performance capabilities. Here is a detailed look at the tire sizes used for each 2015 Honda Civic Tire Size:
Sedan Tire Sizes
The 2015 Honda Civic sedan came in several trim levels, each with a different tire size:
- LX: Basic LX sedans used 15-inch wheels and were equipped with 195/65R15 size tires. The simple all-season tires provided essential grip and handling.
- SE/Hybrid: These mid-range trims had 16-inch wheels and used slightly larger 205/55R16 tires. The moderate upgrade improved road grip and steering response.
- EX/EX-L: Higher-end EX and EX-L sedans came with 17-inch wheels and 215/45R17 tires. The lower-profile tires sharpened steering feel and cornering abilities.
- Si: The performance-tuned Si sedan came with 18-inch wheels and 225/40R18 tires. The ultra-high-performance tires dramatically improved grip, steering, and handling.
Coupe Tire Sizes
The 2015 Civic coupe models also came equipped with various tire sizes depending on the trim configuration:
- LX/EX: The base LX and mid-range EX coupes used 16-inch wheels with 205/55R16 tires, providing responsive steering and traction.
- EX-L: Moving up to the EX-L added 17-inch wheels and 215/45R17 tires for better reflexes and control.
- Si: The sporty Si coupe came with 18-inch wheels and 225/40R18 tires that specialized in high-speed cornering and control.
Along with the range of tire sizes, the 2015 Honda Civic was equipped with four different wheel sizes depending on the trim:
- 15-inch wheels on LX sedans
- 16-inch wheels on SE/Hybrid sedans and LX/EX coupes
- 17-inch wheels on EX/EX-L sedans and EX-L coupes
- 18-inch wheels on Si sedans and coupes
The wheels were paired appropriately with each trim’s tire size for optimal performance. See the table below for a summary of all 2015 Civic tire and wheel pairings:
15 x 6 in.
16 x 6.5 in.
17 x 7 in.
18 x 7 in.
16 x 6.5 in.
17 x 7 in.
18 x 7 in.
In addition to sizes, the type of tire also varied across trims. Most models were equipped with all-season tires that provided year-round grip and handling. However, the sporty Si came with high-performance summer tires that specialized in responsive steering, superior cornering, and maximum dry traction.
All Civic tires were radial ply tires constructed with steel belts under the tread to maintain shape at high speeds. Tires were also low-rolling resistance to maximize fuel efficiency.
What Is The Size Of Honda Civic Front TYRE?
The front tire size on the 2015 Honda Civic depends on the trim level. Basic LX models come with 195/65R15 tires on 15-inch wheels. More upgraded EX and EX-L trims have 215/45R17 tires on 17-inch wheels. Top-of-the-line Si models come equipped with high-performance 225/40R18 tires on 18-inch wheels. So in summary, OEM front tire sizes range from 195 to 225 mm in width and R15 to R18 for the sidewall aspect ratio, depending on engine and trim.
What Is The Standard Wheel Size?
The standard wheel size on the 2015 Honda Civic LX base model is 15 inches. LX sedans come equipped with 15 x 6 inch steel wheels with hubcaps. The wheels accommodate the 195/65R15 all-season tires. Moving up to EX, EX-L and Si trims upgrades the wheels to larger 16, 17, and 18 inch aluminum alloy wheels respectively. So the standard is 15 inches, but most models are equipped with 16 inch or larger wheel options.
What Size Tires Are On A 1.5 Turbo Honda Civic?
The 1.5L Turbo engine was offered on higher EX, EX-L and Touring trims of the 2015 Honda Civic. These models came equipped with 17-inch alloy wheels and 215/45R17 tire sizes. The 1.5L Turbo engine provided more power than lower trims, so the 17-inch tire and wheel package offered a good balance of grip, handling, and performance for these models. So in summary, 1.5L Turbo Civics have 215/45R17 size tires.
What Size Rims Will Fit On A 2015 Honda Civic?
The 2015 Honda Civic has wheel lug patterns and hubs to accommodate rims from 15 to 18 inches in diameter. Lower trims like LX were designed for 15-inch rims, while Sport, EX, and Touring trims can fit rims up to 18 inches. Some popular aftermarket sizes that fit all trims are 16, 17 and 18-inch rims. Larger diameter rims will fit, but may require using lower profile tires to avoid rubbing issues. Custom rim widths from 6 to 8 inches also work, so long as the correct offset is used.
The 2015 Honda Civic came equipped with a range of tire sizes based on body style, drivetrain, and trim level, including:
- Basic sedans – 195/65R15 tires
- Mainstream sedans/coupes – 205/55R16 tires
- Uplevel sedans/coupes – 215/45R17 tires
- High-performance sedans/coupes – 225/40R18 tires
Wheels, performance, and tire types were also matched appropriately with each tire size option. This range of offerings ensured a tire size well-suited for every 2015 Civic model. With the right tires, drivers could enjoy responsive handling and traction in an efficient, reliable compact car.
- What Size Tires Does A 2011 Honda Civic Have?
- What Size Spare Tire For 2002 Honda Civic?
- What Size Tires Does A 2004 Honda Civic Have?
- What Size Tires Does A 2003 Honda Civic Have?